30 January 2011

The Challenge Called "Week 4"

ʻAnoʻai e nā hoa heluhelu,
Greetings friends,

Is it Sunday, the end of the 4th week of a 5-week class. Already?!

Turbulent might be a good word to describe this past week. 
  • On Tuesday morning, I learned from my new dentist that a dental malady required a tooth extraction which was the foundation for a two-tooth bridge. 
  • On Wednesday morning, my tooth was extracted and I returned to work immediately. After working a full day, arrived at home, ate, and promptly slept for 12 hours.
  • On Thursday, feeling okay. However, it was our 15th anniversary. Small celebration with the best Japanese food in Santa Rosa for early dinner. Returned home satiated, and promptly slept for another 10 hours.
  • On Friday, feeling better. The big anniversary celebration that evening at our favorite restaurant. Returned home completely stuffed, worked on homework for a little while, but eventually slept again for 8 hours.
  • On Saturday, feeling pudgy. Put some extra time in the office working six hours. Did a little homework. Returned home exhausted, just went to sleep--not eating.
  • Today, feeling great! Woke up early, started on homework, practiced chanting and hula. Finished all my assignments. 
Mahalo ke Akua!
Mahalo to my Sweetie too!

Only one week left of class and then Keauhou, Kona. Lots to do this coming week, I still need to prepare my lessons for the workshops I will be teaching. Good thing is I will be using assessment techniques to measure student learning outcomes in three ways: pre-instructional, formative, and summative.

But even before those tasks, there is a final paper to write. Focus, focus, focus.

Blessings to your and yours!

Ke aloha nō,
Liko


What Surprised Me the Most


How little I knew about rubrics and their multiple uses.

What I Liked the Best
Learning that I am moving from my traditional role as a technologist toward administrative tendencies. I have to add that Anne provided an audio file this week too!

What I Liked the Least
My inability to completely immerse myself in the huge amounts of reading 
this past week.

What to Keep or Change for My Courses

Change: Consider using rubrics for future learning assessment.


Keep: Providing text alternative when using audio files in the course.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mahalo for leaving your manaʻo!