19 January 2011

A Funny Thing Happened in the Office Today...

ʻAnoʻai kākou,
Greetings all,

So today I am sitting in a meeting at work with my manager, my new supervisor, and a department chair (names not given for privacy reasons). This is a normal weekly meeting. At one point my jaw drops because the topic of discussion matches exactly the topic issue that my classmates and I have selected for our group project.
How do organizations provide technology support to instructors during online course development?
Holy smokes! Talk about fidgeting in my seat. It took massive amounts of self-control to keep myself from asking questions. Thankfully my restraint paid off. The department chair shared that a few years back she and another faculty were paid stipends to do an outreach. The intent was to provide technical training for any fellow faculty desiring assistance in developing courses for online delivery. Unfortunately, not many folks took advantage of the program.

The team project is going okay. Using Basecamp has been helpful. The challenge has been gaining consensus. I know all my teammates are working professionals and go-getters. I am re-learning for myself that I like to plan and make sure that we agree, or at least have some consensus before moving to the next stage. Nothing really new since I am an ENFJ on the Myers Briggs Type Indicator.

The due date of our group paper is definitely the “x-factor” in driving the team. The paper is due Saturday instead of the usual midnight on Sunday.

No matter how “I” think we should get there, as long as we do. So, lots more research to do which of course means lots more reading. I am learning lots!

ʻO au iho nō me ka ʻoiaʻiʻo,
Sincerely,

Liko Puha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mahalo for leaving your manaʻo!