23 January 2011

Week 3 Wrap Up

ʻAnoʻai e nā hoa heluhelu,
Greetings friends,

It has definitely been one crazy week. Sure, with school, but other "life" things as well. This course is halfway over--which is difficult to believe. Reading is becoming easier. My academic writing is improving. Well, at least I think so. Been attempting to avoid the feeling of "being behind" or "trying to catch up" with little success. There's always next week!

Something made me pause this week during the reading about course development and accessibility. Does anyone I know use a screen reader when cruising the web? Seems like important technology, but how many people know there is such a thing available? How much does it cost? When doing web development, is there a screen reader available to verify accessibility?

Many questions and open to responses.

E hoʻi ana kēia i ka hiamoe. Ke makahiamoe nei au.
Going to bed. I am sleepy.

Blessings to your and yours!

Ke aloha nō,
Liko


What Surprised Me the Most


That our reading assignments contained many dead links or references to old technology such as "floppy disks."


What I Liked the Best
The research our team performed and produced. During my own research I found some interesting and valuable resources about corporate training.


What I Liked the Least

Not being able to communicate instantly with my team members regarding our project, particularly on the due date.


What to Keep or Change for My Courses

Change: The expectations for myself and my students regarding my participation in discussion questions for the students. Notably, much less participation on my part in the group setting. But on assignments turned in for review by me, that is where my feedback to the student will be focused.


Keep: Technology orientation for students to evaluate familiarity and comfort with computers and related software.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mahalo for leaving your manaʻo!