03 January 2011

EDUI_6701 Introduction to Online Teaching and Learning

Welina!

This blog will now be used to document my journey in the CSU-East Bay Master of Science in Education, Option in Online Teaching and Learning (MS-OTL) program.

http://www.ce.csueastbay.edu/degree/education/index.shtml?intid=fhome_otlm

The initial class started today, Jan. 3, 2011. The first assignment is to start a journal. I feel it is appropriate to use the this space for that purpose.

I plan to use several web-based tools to help me stay focused and organized. Using the Google Apps suite seems to be a smart way to stay on task. The only requirement is access to any networked computer with a browser.

However, my preference
for documenting, and sharing research is the flexible web application Backpack. This tool has been invaluable when working on personal or small collaborative projects.

The Course
Management Tool that CSU-EastBay uses for online course delivery is BlackBoard version 8.0. I am very interested to learn how the instructors use this tool to teach us about using this tool. (^_~)

CSUEB Blackboard Logo
Well, I better start completing some of my other assignments. The MS-OTL program stated that I should expect to spend 10-15 hours per week on course work. I anticipate much more than that--knowing me.

Week 1 Assignme
nts
  • Start Journal Right Away
  • Personal Profile by Wednesday
  • Choose Teams by Sunday
  • All Discussions (your original post to the assignment and the required number of responses to the posts of other learners) Completed by Sunday
I am extremely happy to be in this graduate program. The nervousness level is running a little high however, returning to a formal student role after six years. It will be an interesting and rewarding journey, of that I am sure.

Nowelo
mau aku i ka ʻauao!
Perpetually seeking wisdom and knowledge!

Me ka ʻoiaʻiʻo,
Liko

1 comment:

  1. KS schools uses blackboard for their online classes. I'm someone who used to be an "early adopter" but is increasingly intimidated by the speed of change with technology and I found blackboard very easy to use. I dont need to say good luck because you dont need luck, and i know you will succeed at this! a hui hou Carol

    ReplyDelete

Mahalo for leaving your manaʻo!