07 June 2013

[6899] Waiting for the Grade and Commencement

Aloha e Nā Hoa,
Greetings Friends,

Been a while since I have posted here. For the past few days I have been anxiously waiting for my instructor of the 6899 capstone course, Nan Chico, to provide me feedback on my thesis paper. Incidentally, Nan is also the director of my master's program.

Reflective thoughts have been leading from one to another and suddenly my neglected blog came to mind. I started the blog two and a half years ago to document this journey (January 2011). During the journey however, blogging frequency has been inconsistent. Reasons vary, but at times it was a choice of energy conservation, and others, experiences that just needed sharing.


This is not a full reflection of the journey--not just yet. I turned the paper in on Sunday. Grades are due on Wednesday the 12th. I continue to work on the paper, finding opportunities for improving grammar and conciseness as I wait. The optimal feedback from Nan would be no rewriting required--good to go. The not so optimal feedback would require a major rewrite that could potentially go beyond the 12th, thus requiring another quarter in the program.

Commencement is Friday the 14th at 5pm in Hayward for which I ordered commencement invitations and thank you cards. I have yet to mail any out. (Yes, that would be snail mail.) Since commencement is on a Friday, with friends and family too far to attend, I will take pictures of the big day and send a photo along with the invitation or thank you card. So many people helped me get this far.

But again, I am still waiting.

More later. So until then, live long and prosper by living pono.

--Liko



No comments:

Post a Comment

Mahalo for leaving your manaʻo!